Wednesday, November 21, 2007

because I'm bored...

I've decided to start posting again. Even if Nicole is the only one who looks at it. :)

Winter-time always puts me in a baking mood. Last year I tried to find the perfect cheesecake recipe. (As cheesecake isn't my favorite dessert, this was a chore... but I found one!) This year, it's been about finding the perfect homemade brownie recipe. My second attempt just came out of the oven - they're the winner so far. The "Deep Dish Brownies" recipe is here. They're not too heavy or chocolate-y, just really yummy. I only used 2 eggs, omitted the baking powder and added some chocolate chips (of course). Here are some pictures:







The other recipe I tried was from noshwithme.com's website (which I'm addicted to, btw, mostly because of her comments. it's great if you're looking for good recipes). Hershey's White Chip Brownie recipe is here. (sorry the picture is so small.)



These weren't my absolute favorite, but everyone at work LOVED them.

If I marry well (read: into $$), I'm going to own a bakery. and a gym, too, so i won't be fat. think maggie gyllenhaal in stranger than fiction.



For good measure, here's a picture of my new favorite (type of) wine: Montepulciano (christmas present idea!!). here's to hoping the half-marathon tomorrow cancels out all these brownie calories!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

goof ball

and hey where's my brownies!? but not with white chocolate, blech!

Courtney said...

I hate baking and cooking in general...but there IS something about the winter time that gives me an itch to bake. I will have to give this brownie receipe a try. ;-)